Friday, July 10, 2009

California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) Result

I just received the result of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) that I took last June 13. My status was: Not yet passed. That means I had failed on one or more of the 3 sections of the test. I got a total score of 125 which was more than the passing score. Unfortunately, I needed 4 points for the writing section to pass. I still have to retake the test no matter how high my total score was. The 3 sections, Comprehension, Math and Writing, should meet the minimum passing score which is 41. If one of the sections got 37 points, it would be OK as long as the total score reaches the passing score. Mine was 33. I have to improve my usage, spelling and punctuation. I thought I'd pass still even if I fail in Writing because I was confident that I will get a high score in Math. But I was wrong, I need to pass each section, no matter how high my total score is. It is different from the test that we have back in Phi. If I had known, I should have reviewed my 2 essays and paid more time in my usage of words. I was aware that I kept using the same words many times. It was just because of my morning sickness that I didn't do it well. I was hurrying to get over with the test. Among all examinees, I was the only one who used the restroom pass. I went outside 3 times for me to eat crackers and drink water since it was not allowed inside the testing room. I will surely do it better next time. Wish me luck then for my next test in Writing.

No comments: