Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Iligan City's IPAG

"Integrated Performing Arts Guild (IPAG) is a leading Philippine dance and theatre company whose world-acclaimed productions integrate the dance, music, and arts traditions of the South where it is based." It is the resident theatre company of the MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology and the dancers are students and alumni of Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology. They have represented the Philippines in over 100 cities worldwide, and will continue to represent the country in coming world tours. The video above was Ipag's performance before they headed to US for their US Tour.

It was a dream of mine to become one of the dancers. I even tried to join the audition but due to my hectic schedule when I was a sophomore of MSU-IIT, I backed out and never had the chance to show my dancing skills. But my classmates were accepted and became dancers. They even danced abroad. My co-teacher's husband and younger sister are dancers too. They are the first group of IPAG dancers. Also, a student of mine in MSU-IIT has also joined IPAG. I am so proud of them. They continue to entertain people from all over the world with our popular Philippine folk dances. More power to IPAG!

No comments: