Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Visa Interview Preparation

My husband, used to be my fiance, submitted our 129F packet in June, 2006. Weeks later he received the notice of approval 1. Four months later, we then received the NOA (Notice of Action) 2 that his application for fiancee visa was approved and we were assigned a case number. The case has been approved by the NVC (National Visa Center) then they sent it to USEM (US Embassy Manila) within a week. We then received a packet a month after the approval, stating my schedule for the medical exam and interview in 3 months. Before the medical exam and the visa interview, I already prepared all the requirements: from forms to evidences. I even made a documentation (video above) for my visa interview preparation. I paid the visa fee in Peso at Metrobank CDO which was a hundred dollar at that time and it was a day before my visa interview. I also prepared money for the medical exam in Peso ($100) and did the exam a month earlier in 2 days. It is better to do the medical exam a month/s earlier to have enough time to solve any problem that may result from the exam. A lot of us had it ahead of time. I was with friends at that time and I was with the same friends during my interview. It was such a memorable event in my life. We passed the interview and got our visa. Thank God! We are now living blissfully with our love ones. Good luck to the ones who are starting their visa journey!

No comments: