Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Vaccinations for AOS

During my visa process, TD vaccine (tetanus diphtheria) was not available at St. Luke's Medical Clinic yet. That was why when I got here in US, I took my vaccination at a county clinic since it was required for my AOS (Adjustment of Status) application too. The form I-693 was requested which has the transcription of my medical record from St Luke's clinic and the vaccination I received here and in Philippines. I also continued the other vaccinations (second doses and so on) I received from Phi such as the MMR. I believe that the TD vaccine now is offered at St Luke's. That means, a K1 visa holder will no longer take that shot here and will right away look for a CS (Civil Surgeon) for the transcription of the medical record for the form I-693 which is a requirement for the Adjustment of Status after marriage. Within the 90-day period which is given to a fiancee/fiance visa (K1) holder, the petitioner should marry the fiancee/fiance and after that, AOS will follow anytime. AOS is needed to obtain temporary/permanent US residency. There's no deadline for this but if you can apply right away, the better. Fees are increasing and it might cost more in the coming years.

No comments: