Saturday, November 8, 2008

California Civil Wedding

I came to US through K1 Visa or better known as Fiancee/Fiance Visa. My petitioner of course was my husband who was used to be my fiance. As a beneficiary, I did my part to be able to obtain the visa. I have been through a lot of preparations and research a lot of things. My computer was my companion at that time, since my husband and I didn't hire a lawyer. Visa Journey and TWOF had helped us with our journey.


When I arrived here, I had 90 days to stay and needed to get married before the days intended expired. As what we have planned as sweethearts, we then got married a month later after my arrival on February. "We had our civil wedding at the city's court house last year. It was quick and easy. We just went there and inquired about the requirements. They just asked me my passport and a government ID (I showed them my Philippine SSS card and they accepted it). After filling up the license form, we were scheduled then for the wedding. We had it that day right away. After the ceremony, they gave us a marriage certificate signed by the person who gave us the ceremony and with our witness. A week after, we got our marriage license copy. The marriage license is different from the marriage certificate. The former should be applied for a copy at the Hall of Records while the latter is given right away after the wedding. Then our simple reception followed at an Italian restaurant."

1 comment:

alan said...

Get your K1 Fiance Visa quickly. Automated Visa Preparation System without the high legal fees. Approved by Immigration Lawyers. Once you have begun the Adjustment Of Status filing process, your spouse does not have to leave the country. In fact, they need to stay in the United States while the application is pending. The adjustment of status fees are not negotiable and must be paid as part of your application.