Thursday, November 13, 2008

TD Vaccination: Form I-693

Tetanus Diphtheria (TD) vaccine was not available at St. Luke's Clinic before during my medical exam. That was why most of all applicants were advised to take the shot in US when they get here. I had mine at our county clinic instead of getting it at a USCIS Civil Surgeon's clinic. It was cheaper ($15) compared to what the CS has asked me when I did my inquiries. It is a smart thing to do to call first and asked about the available vaccine if offered and how much it will cost you to get that. You need also to ask how mush they ask for the transcription of your medical record (from St Luke's Clinic in Manila) to the USCIS form I-693 which is a requirement for the Adjustment of Status (Permanent Residence) Application. I paid only $20 for that. Others paid a lot. They even had another medical exam because they were asked to do it and they just followed what the CS has told them. You can tell the CS that you only need the TD shot which was required for an applicant to have to complete the I-693 form. I guess, the recent applicants don't need the TD shot anymore since they got it already before they left Philippines. They just have to look for a CS to sign the form. Here's the link: USCIS Civil Surgeons Locator.

No comments: