Friday, January 2, 2009

A Quiet New Year


Celebrating the new year here is really different from Philippines. I miss the fireworks when midnight strikes, the food and most especially I miss my family and friends. Another new year has come and I missed celebrating it again with my loved ones in Philippines but it is OK. They are always in our thoughts and I am always in their hearts too. Instead, hubby and I went to Trout's bar and celebrated the new year there. We had champagne and we danced all night till midnight (new year). Even if there were no fireworks, the band and the music filled our soul and our horns welcomed the new year too! It was a blast and a fun-filled night with Wade Hayes as the guest singer. No fireworks here but most of the people stayed outside their homes, stayed with families and friends, went to bars and enjoyed the night. The bars were the only places where there was noise but outside, it was really quiet...

The Trout's Band with Wade Hayes

No comments: